Stay abreast of the latest Australian Education Industry news that impacts your RTO in September 2019.
- 19.2 new release Get caught up on the VETtrak 19.2 release with our highlights video, or sign-up for our 19.2 webinar.
- ReadyTech Education We co-sponsored ITEC19 with our ReadyTech Education stablemates JobReady and My Profiling. To help attendees better understand the brand inter-relationships, on day 2 we simulcast this video.
- Catch-up on our recent webinars on VETtrak Community or below:
- Research: Youth Voice for the Future of Work [OECD and WorldSkills] Students confident in their adaptability, but feel education leaves them unprepared for work.
- Employees demand recognition of on-the-job training [AFR]“71% of bachelor-qualified workers [wanted RPL] before they enrolled in more training. Of these, 54% wanted to do short courses, or micro-credentials, rather than enrol in another long-term university degree.”
- ACT Training Awards As a group, we were proud to sponsor the ReadyTech ACT Apprentice of the Year. Watch the lucky winner receive their award.
- What are 24-year-olds doing? LSAY data now available – 11 September 2019 The latest data for the Longitudinal Surveys of Australia Youth (LSAY) Y09 cohort is now available for respondents who were, on average, 24 years old in 2018. View a range of infographics from the 10,000 young Aussies that participated.
- Career Development Association of Australia National Conference: 2019 Community Colleges Australia Annual Conference 18-20 November 2019, Brisbane. Keynote: Lisel O’Dwyer and Michelle Circelli will speak on ‘Provision of foundation programs by community education providers in regional and remote Australia’
- Australian Training Awards 21 November 2019, Brisbane. For more information please visit the Australian Training Awards website.
- Celebrating 30 years of VOCEDplus! VOCEDplus is a repository of information for the tertiary education sector, containing over 80,000 items, complemented by value-added products such as the VET Knowledge Bank, the VET Practitioner Resource, and the Pod Network.
- Extended transition date for existing third-party arrangements – 16 September 2019 ASQA recently published a General Direction with guidance on third-party arrangements. The transition period for existing arrangements to meet the requirements set out in the General Direction has been extended from 1 November 2019 to 1 January 2020. Any new third-party arrangements must meet the requirements set out in the General Direction as of 1 September 2019.