Stay abreast of the latest Australian Education Industry news that impacts your RTO in July 2019.
- VETengage Webinar. Did you miss out on our national roadshow? Catch-up on all that’s new and next from VETtrak with the condensed webinar edition. Watch it here or read the new release article.
- 19.1.1 Release Webinar. Discover our latest features in the webinar, or explore the 19.1.1 release notes. Watch the webinar here.
- Is it time you had the awkward chat with your kids? Our Kiwi cousins nail the trade-off between career paths in HigherEd and VET in this satirical video.
- NCVER’s longitudinal study of “Generation Z: Life at 17” finds 30% of students do some VET study in school, 60% are working while in school, and course selections have a gender skew. Read more.
- Peak human potential: preparing Australia’s workforce for the digital future finds 3 in 4 Australian workers are motivated to learn new skills within the next 12 months, and 38% prefer learning on the job. The report calls on education institutions and employers to build new learning infrastructure that embeds learning into the workplace, particularly for knowledge workers.
- #NoFrills2019. Last chance to register for July 10-12 in Adelaide. For those unable to attend, the conference’s theme “The student journey: skilling for life” is explored in this discussion paper.
- NCVER podcast program. Launching July 17th, Vocational Voices will feature brand new interviews with VET sector experts on topics such as industry 4.0, apprentices and trainees, and a selection of presenters from ‘No Frills’ 2019.
- VOCEDplus’ VET policy initiatives timeline now updated to 2018. The updated timeline includes filtering by category and location of over 20 years of Australian VET Policy. This forms part of the VET Knowledge Bank.
- Conference: National Apprentice Employment Network Conference 2019 31 July – 2 August 2019 on the Gold Coast. Presented by NCVER’s Lisel O’Dwyer who will co-facilitate a masterclass on group training.
- Conference: Independent Tertiary Education Conference
21-23 August 2019, Queensland – Presenter: NCVER’s Toni Cavallaro will present about NCVER data as a planning tool.
- National Skills Week 2019 26 August to 1 September 2019
- World Youth Skills Day 2019 Monday 15 July A global celebration designed to raise awareness about the importance of youth skills development. Visit the UNESCO-UNEVOC World Youth Skills Day website to find out more.