System Requirements for VETtrak
VETtrak consists of a front-end application and a back-end database.
We believe in flexible deployment on all systems. Any of the following installation methods are possible:
- Install both on a single workstation.
- Install the application on a workstation and the database on a server.
- Install both the application and the database on a server, and the users access the application via a shortcut. In this case there is no software to install on the client.
- ‘Published’ Citrix / Windows (Terminal) Server Application.
Access Anywhere Hosted Customer Requirements
Client workstation: Windows 8 and up (including 8.1, and 10), or macOS 10.9 and up.
Remote Desktop clients on other platforms (e.g. Android/iOS/Linux) may work, but are not supported.
VETtrak-hosting requires an internet connection of 100 kbps per user. This needs to be a constant, consistent connection, preferably with Quality of Service (QoS) on remote desktop protocol traffic (port 3389).
High-latency connections (such as satellite and 3G connections) are not recommended.
Locally-installed System Requirements
Client workstation: Windows 8 and up (including 8.1 and 10). macOS is not supported for on-premises hosting.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 or later with Internet Information Server (IIS) installed running .NET framework version 4.6 (or higher), server hardware specifications in accordance with Microsoft recommendations.
- For document storage applications (FileTrak and VTdocs) requirements will vary per organisation. For a small document database for a 500 student system there should capacity for 20 Gb minimum.
- SSL certificate highly recommended for enabling HTTPS for Web Portals.
- Microsoft SQL Server database platform is recommended for organisations using VETtrak web applications.
VETtrak licensing is based on named user licenses. Each license is allocated to a specifically named user for their own use.
Hard Disk Requirements
HDD Space: Around 500MB for complete install
Either Firebird Database Engine (version 2.5) or Microsoft SQL Server Database Engine (2008R2, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017, including Express Editions) can be used.
The Firebird Database Engine is supplied with the VETtrak software. Licences of Microsoft SQL Server are up to the purchaser.
Firebird database engine: 30MB
MS SQL Server database engine: See Microsoft documentation
Database size Firebird: Initially about 55MB but will grow depending on usage. A database for 5000 students and their information (without images) would normally be around 120MB.
Database size MS SQL Server: Initially about 55MB but will grow depending on usage. A database for 5000 students and their information (without images) would normally be around 180MB. (Not including .LDF files).
Document database should be considered seperately.
- Firebird can be installed on other O/S’s (Unix, Linux, etc) but it is up to the purchaser to install and support the software on that type of server O/S.