System Requirements for VETtrak
VETtrak consists of a front-end application and a back-end database.
We believe in flexible deployment on all systems. Any of the following installation methods are possible:
- Install both on a single workstation.
- Install the application on a workstation and the database on a server.
- Install both the application and the database on a server, and the users access the application via a shortcut. In this case there is no software to install on the client.
- ‘Published’ Citrix / Windows (Terminal) Server Application.
Cloud-Hosted Customer Requirements
Client workstation: Windows 7 or Mac OS 10.9 (or higher).
VETtrak-hosting requires an internet connection of 100 kbps per user. This needs to be a constant, consistent connection, preferably with Quality of Service (QoS) on remote desktop protocol traffic (port 3389).
High-latency connections (such as satellite and 3G connections) are not recommended.
On-Premises Hosting System Requirements
Client workstation: Windows 7 and up (including 8, 8.1 and 10)
Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 and up (including Server 2012, 2012R2 and 2016)
Microsoft .NET Framework: Version 4.0 or higher
VETtrak licensing is based on concurrent usage. It may be installed on as many computers as you require but the number of licences purchased determines how many users can access the software simultaneously.
Hard Disk Requirements
HDD Space: Around 500MB for complete install
Either Firebird Database Engine (version 2.5) or Microsoft SQL Server Database Engine (2008R2, 2012, 2014 and 2016, including Express Editions) can be used.
The Firebird Database Engine is supplied with the VETtrak software. Licences of Microsoft SQL Server are up to the purchaser.
Firebird database engine: 30MB
MS SQL Server database engine: See Microsoft documentation
Database size Firebird: Initially about 40MB but will grow depending on usage. A database for 5000 students and their information (without images) would normally be around 100MB.
Database size MS SQL Server: Initially about 40MB but will grow depending on usage. A database for 5000 students and their information (without images) would normally be around 160MB. (Not including .LDF files).
- Firebird can be installed on other O/S’s (Unix, Linux, etc) but it is up to the purchaser to install and support the software on that type of server O/S.